Monday, August 07, 2006

"Hi-Ho Silver, Away" Apologies to Pecan Delight

 
 
 
 

Me and Kitty were reminiscing last night when deserts came to the forefront of our conversation. Kitty, in her inevitable style, recalled enjoying a tasty morsel known as Pecan Delight, her desert of choice, from an old southern-based cafeteria chain.

I told her it was easy to make. Whip [ whip it good* ] the egg whites, add sugar, pecans, and Ritz crackers. Place in the oven for a few minutes, let cool, top with whipped cream and more pecans and voila. Easy.

We continued hashing out memories [ apologies to stuffed peppers ] when I said: "If I ever see Briggs [ my former, back-stabbing regional manager ] I will punch his lights out.

Kitty surprised me by saying she would do the same thing. She shares my animosity toward the little redneck fucker. [ pardon my french, s'il vous plait ]

Anyway, when the title of tonite's foray came to me, I remembered Hi-Ho made the crackers we used for "Pecan Delight," so the story line has wandered far afield. The real subject matter was in response to my old friend, pictruandtru, who wrote me last night to say he wants to divulge his identity. It's about g.d. time!

Is this on the level or what? I would love to meet. And mebbe we could invite the hootster and the bbq man, eh? And clifhenry and hootsbudie, who methinks are one and the same.

The shroud of mystery will be uncloaked soon????? v.c.

P.S. *Apologies to Devo

P.S.S. Who is the enigmatic pictruandtru? For auld times sake:

1) hootsbuddy

2) Jim Mora

3) Spike Lee [ added for diversity's sake ]

4) Ron Banther

5) Rusty Staub

6) Jay Silverhills

7) Bum Phillips

8) Julia Hamilton

9) Jerry Lee Lewis/Jimmy Swaggart

10) Yers truly

11) The sunbathing manager [ see "Jimmy Carter" store for more details
Posted by Picasa

No comments: