Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"Time In A Bottle" or "Vent This!"

Altho my sis who hails from San Francisco is disappointed and devestated that her hero, Cynthia McKinney, lost her House of Representatives race [ 4th district ] some venters in the AJC [ Golden Pond's fishwrapper ] submitted their comments. Seems as if they were glad Ms. McKinney lost. For your approval and perusal, they are included here:

I voted for Cynthia four times on Tuesday and she still lost.

Let us all join together, no matter our race, creed, beliefs or political party to have U.S. Rep. Cynthia McKinney appointed U.S. ambassador to Antarctica.

Too bad Cynthia lost before she could get that groundbreaking Tupac Shakur legislation passed.

I am an African-American DeKalb resident. There is not a yarmulke in my home, yet I voted for Hank. Cynthia, you lost because a majority is tired of your hate-filled, race-baiting tirades. Please go away!

Why is it that cable news will show video of members of Cynthia McKinney’s entourage making racist comments and calling Hank Johnson an Uncle Tom, but the local media, TV and print ignore it?

Cynthia McKinney learned one trick from the Republicans. She blamed her loss on the media.

Cynthia called me Jewish. She called me white. She called me a Republican. Too bad she forgot to call me the most important thing: constituent.

Cynthia McKinney should have spent less time campaigning in the runoff and more time with Cathy Cox, who demonstrated there is a way to concede with dignity.

The best thing about Hank Johnson is he’s not Cynthia McKinney.

I presented three government-issued photo IDs at the polls, but they only let me vote once. Georgia politics sure have changed.

The McKinney-Johnson race was where boring beat buffoonery

Cynthia, who is to blame this time? The media, the electronic voting machines, the Capitol police or the Jews?

Can I help take down the “Cynthia McKinney Parkway” signs?


If I had time in a bottle, v.c.

P.S. Unrelated vent: Thanks to Comcast, my Atlanta family lived on Gilligan’s Island for over a week: no phone, no cable, no Internet. We were as primitive as can be.

No comments: