Wednesday, September 28, 2005

""Sacked" or "Terminated"or "Ballroom Dancing"


Pete as an old codger. Everyone gets old, eh? Q. Were you ever told the reasons for your sacking?
A. No, but let's look at the theories. I can’t accept the drumming theory as when we came back from Germany, other groups copied my style using the loud bass drum. Also, Bert Kaempfert was quite happy with my drumming when we recorded in Germany. As for Ringo being a better drummer, well, he was replaced on "Love Me Do" as well wasn’t he? The hairstyle? That’s all rubbish, it was never even discussed. Jealousy? I was aware of the Pete Best fans but there were plenty of Paul fans too. As long as the group got the attention I was happy. Personality? I took part in all the crazy stunts and drinking. I was a Beatle. A rumour around the Cavern was that it was because I turned down Brian Epstein’s advances but I don’t believe that. Unreliable? I missed four shows in over two years so if that makes me unreliable…….
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: