Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Re: Blogged Down Revisited

Those tuning in to see some pictures of "Ghidrah, the 3 Headed Monster" or "Exorcist II and III" will again be disappointed. Does anyone remember that Richard Burton starred in the sequel? "Godfather II," "Aliens," & "Terminator II" are some of the few sequels to surpass or equal its predecessor.

However, we are here to talk shop, not movies from "back in the day." I received 3 comments to my expose from last nite. Unusual. And something else as well-all of the hits to the site were direct ones. Very unusual. So what to think of it? Is my former employer reading my blog? Or past peers? Or past Yahoo bloggers? What spurred the traffic-especially the direct hits? Was it my post from yesterday, eh? As David Crosby of CSNY once bellowed in "Almost Cut My Pear, er, Hair:"

"It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' in my mirror
And seeing a police car."

And, today hoots, me old buds wrote me an e mail warning me of making disparaging comments in me blog. Employers are snooping into the blogs and firing people who they deem as not a team player. [ I just switched the tv channel to my favourite, TCM, and the movie showing was "They Were Expendable." Is the synchronicity vibe rearing its ugly head again? Coincidence? Fate? ] My mom has warned me in the past as well. But, shit, [ use same formula as last nite-pardon the french ] I'm hard-headed as hell. And follow my own drummer sometimes without thinking things through. Livin' on the edge as Kitty will profess and all that jazz. Apologies to Bob Fosse.

My Aunt Mad used to say I was the most hard headed child she had ever seen. Even tho she loved me to death. Great for my self-esteem, but at the same time making me feel pretty special. The most means numero uno. Top of the heap.

However, I got to thinkin' about hoots' warning. Had I gone too far? Too far in what direction? Would "Mr. X" Airlines be looking for my ass cos all my comments were negative except for the groovy flight attendants in Boston. Would my new employer find fault with my story? I am, of course, writing in my perspective. And all I hear are the negative comments. Normally people don't walk by and say "Man, we had a nice flight. The staff was great-gave me an extra pack of "Doritos" and a whole can of coke." Nah, you're only going to get the complainers. And they will be very vocal. Just like in the food biz.

It is true about the folks that work at the airport. Unhappy appearing and always frowning. Or talking on their cell phones, or engaging in horse play while tuning-out the guests.

I hear this a lot. "How you doing?"

"I'm tired."

In my mind, my thought processes are conjuring-up a message of please don't tell me you're tired. I don't care! Just say "fine" and be on your way.

I didn't read hoots dour warning until late tonight so it is one to ponder. Plus, Kitty made a yellow layer cake and this is a good a spot as empty to halt the presses. And "The Caddy" is about to come on. With Martin/Lewis and Donna Reed. Jerry Lewis was one of my favourites as a kid. And his pix were always shown at the Fox Theatre.

As v.c. used to lament: Farewell and adieu.

P.S. Gimme shelter!

No comments: