Saturday, December 25, 2004

Ode To Kitty II or So I Misspelled Kwanzaa

O.K. so I misspelled Kwanzaa in one of my forays this week. Who gives a rat's derriere-trying to be kinder, gentler because it's Christmas. Who even celebrates the newly christened holiday, eh? Moot point!

And Kitty had it "going on" today. She made me rise and shine so we could open presents and eat breakfast, which consisted of scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausages, bacon, and grits. Now the latter was a bit too soupy for my southern tastes. Note to self- remember to give Kitty the official VC recipe next Kwanzaa, er, Christmas. But all in all it was great.

We opened the gifts and had a great day. Kitty's Christmas dinner was excellent. She makes it all work for me, Charlie Jr., and Katlin. So thank you, Kitty, and here's another ode to you:

There were bells on a hill
But I never heard them ringing
No I never heard them at all
Till there was you

There were birds in the sky
But I never saw them winging
No I never saw them at all
Till there was you

Then there was music and wonderful roses
They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows of dawn and dew

There was love all around
But I never heard it singing
No I never heard it at all
Till there was you

Till there was you.

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

P.S. Merry Christmas



1 comment:

Hoots said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Cat.
I just came from the LUB bored. Found out they were shelling out up to four hundred grand for managers. Can you believe that?
I woulda moved to Texas for that kind of money. How 'bout you?