Sunday, March 18, 2012

Commuter accused of sex act on train walks free from court after telling court he was strumming an 'imaginary banjo'

This one is for the record book!

A commuter accused of indecency on a train has walked free after telling a court he was strumming an imaginary banjo.

Before Melvyn Webb was acquitted, the judge in his trial had informed the jury that men do sometimes innocently ‘fiddle with themselves in public’.

The case arose after a woman complained of seeing a newspaper moving on his lap as he breathed heavily.

Mr Webb, 54, denied a single charge of outraging public decency on the 7.08am Basingstoke to Reading train, saying he was merely adjusting his underwear.
After his arrest, the health and safety adviser told police: ‘For my sins I play the banjo, so sometimes I do, with my hands, pick out a pattern on my knees....’

To see the whole article click here!




No comments: