Sunday, March 23, 2008

"Yea or Nay"

This is Post #1799, so that means Post # 1800 is just a shot away, a kiss away. Time flies when yer havin' fun.

The NCAA Tournament, aka March Madness, unveiled its 2008 edition Thursday night. Me being the sportsaholic tuned in to watch. The Dawgs looked good in the 1st half but bowed to superior talent in the, er, end.

I just saw Jamie Lee Curtis hawking "Activia" on the vast wasteland, aka television. Seems this is the product for one who wants to stay regular.

When I was a kid and young adult, I never thought much of staying regular. Even as an older guy, I don't think much about it. That's one problem I've never had....

"Hello v.c. How are you today?"

"I'm great. And I'm regular."

"Oh, I envy you. I would give anything to have a good old bowel movement. I've been a bit, er, uh, irregular lately."

"I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for sharing it with me."

"I've tried roughage, prunes, er, uh, laxatives to no avail."

"I'm sorry to hear the unhappy news. Must be in the genes. Have you tried "Activia? Jamie Lee Curtis endorses it. I'm sure when she was starring in all of those "Halloween" flicks, being regular never entered her mind, but as the onslaught of old age reared its ugly head, it became a big concern. I wonder if John Carpenter is regular. George Bush-wonder if he's ever been asked that in the Oval Office or at one of his news conferences? Or Bill-even Hillary-Clinton?"

"I will try it. Anything to get regular. Thanks, v.c."

"You're welcome."

After tomorrow, we're down to the sweet sixteen. Teams that is. March Madness et al.

Wonder if any of the players suffered from irregularity. Affecting his shot. And jumping ability. At the press conference....

"You had an open look at the basket with the game on the line. You normally make that shot, Juan."

"I don't want to make excuses, but I haven't been regular this week."

"Irregularity, eh?"

Yea, the sweet sixteen. And when we were sixteen, most of us never dreamed of what lay ahead.

If you, the reader, has had the, er, stomach to read this far, please leave a comment as to your regularity. Because as we all know, when we get behind closed doors.... An irregular apology to Charlie Rich.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/capi001/johnlennon/watchingthewhee/video/watchingthewhee_v300.asx


1 comment:

Hoots said...

Your banner snapshot today reminds me of Lil Abner. I saw a fine community theatre production of the show years ago and never forgot. Jubilation T. Cornpone was a big crowd pleaser. Any chance the Catfish is in that shapshot?