Sunday, September 10, 2006

"Free as A Bird;" I Wanna Be Free Like A Bird In a Tree;" "Free Bird!"

 
 
 
 

Me: I want to be free like a bird in a tree!

Boss: What the hell!

Me: Apologies to Elvis; Lieber and Stoller!

Boss: Have you lost your freakin' mind?

Me: If I leave here tomorrow, will you still remember me? Eh?

Boss: You are just another insignificant piece of horse manure that works for me and the company. As soon as you're gone, we'll find another twenty just like you. You are irrelevant, dispensable, and replaceable. No, I will erase you from my memory banks. However, in team meetings we will sometimes bring your name up so's we can ridicule your ex sorry ass. Or should I say former?

Me: But, boss. What ever happened to the life that we once knew?
Can we really live without each other?
Where did we lose the touch?
It seemed to mean so much; it always made me feel so
Free, as a bird.

Boss: I always thought you were nuttier than a fruit cake. My suspicions have been confirmed.

Me: I think what we've got here is a failure to communicate.

Boss: Communicate this. Yer fired, allah Donald Trump, my idol.

Will v.c. bounce back? is this the end of the line for the poor boy? Who who the fork knows.

I look out my window and what do I see ee ee. I see a bird way up inna tree.
I wanna be free, oh yes. Free e e e. I wanna be free; like a bird inna tree, v.c.

P.S. For your viewing pleasure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWtaEwEhM1I
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: