Saturday, June 24, 2006

"Watchin' The Wheels"

Here lately, I've only been inspired to write after drinking profusely. Profusely is a good word, eh? Most people don't use the word in a sentence, and when is the last time you've heard it used in a conversation. It ain’t happenin,’ if you know what I mean.

I always had a desire to write. In fact, when I was a young kid of nine, I would peck on my Aunt Mad's Royal typewriter keys and write a few stories. Seems my granddad owned or managed a daily newspaper in Philly back in the day. Who'd a thunk it as I didn't know anything about my dad's family. I did know my grandmother, his mother, whom we called Nana or Nanny. I reall her visiting us when I was a young kid. She had the prettiest and whitest teeth, imho, but I was shot out of the water when me mum told me they were false ones. Naivete, eh? And when do you hear that word in a normal conversation.

Probably when you're hobknobbing with intellectuals, eh? Cos most denizens of this world rarely "go there" when it comes to innocence. Me, I love words. Perhaps you must be a writer to appreciate them. To savor them. To enjoy them. But in the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit? Right?

Back to writing. It comes easy. Damn, I can pound out some bullshit with the best of 'em. Just throw some sentences together and voila: there it is. ( urban slang )

Slang is intriguing. To hear "I'm gonna get 'shed' of it" is priceless. "His'n." It don't get no better. Apologies to double negatives. Which are heard frequently in normal conversations. Split infinitives, the list goes on and on.

Well, "Silence of the Lambs" is playing on the tube; I'm hungry, and this is a good stopping place. My column has been written for tonite, and it's time to catch some z's.

Written under the influence, v.c.

P.S. I’m just sittin’ here watching the wheels….

P.S.S. Profusely. Love it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Searing, profound commentary. Just want to know...were you pouding back the Corona's tonight?

Anonymous said...

pounding

Anonymous said...

nothing like a little spell check and editing

Anonymous said...

before posting

Anonymous said...

oopppps! Guess I had a few too many too!