Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"Anonymous Poster"

Before proceeding with tonite's foray, I must admit that the catfish [ yers truly ] wrote a piece the other nite which had nary an "I" in it. Not a single one. If you read other people's forays, you will notice the "I" word is mucho prevalent. If you think it's easy try giving it a whirl. I can't remember if it was my intention or just turned out that way.

As the words spew from this here keyboard, it's time to get down to brass tacks. What happened to the anonymous poster? After leaving 5 comments last nite, nary a one was left today. What's up with that? [ urban slang ]

The Pond would be remiss in not mentioning the disappearance of comments from Slippery, my old alum from "Rowdy High;" pictruandtru, an hombre from the PIC message board; hootsbuddy, my synchronistic bud whom I've known for thirty odd years; and rockhead, a recluse from the LUB board.

To borrow a phrase from the bard: Wherefore art thou?

We end tonite's foray as once again it's time for my nightly quota of z's. Man doth live by bread alone. Eh?

1 comment:

pictruandtru said...

Well it's like, "Deja au jus" , I left the Picc 61 month ago, and would have a five-year pin at the gig I joined on 07/09/2001, had I not disembarked the golden spork in April.

Even though I had found a similar job to the picc, but with nine holidays a year off along with nights and weekends, I felt I needed a jolt of something big to bring me into my fifties. So I jumped right back into the foray with what could have been a moray eel...very shocking! I was on the fast-track...the fast-track to endless days and nights and weekends of dealing with teens, coffee beans, schedules with holes as big as the ones in their jeans. After years of hosting the rodeo, its hard to be just a clown. Luckily, I'm still set for a bit, but what is next? It seems we all want quality rather than quanity at this point, but can one find happiness in a trailer park unless you're a tornado? (thanks Tow Mater!)

signed,

am I thru?