Saturday, June 10, 2006

"Searing Indictment?"

Re: Just in Time for Father's Day...
by: vietnamcatfish (39/M/golden pond) 06/10/06 03:06 am
Msg: 7582 of 7582


The guests ( and I use that term loosely ) would get their rocks off by wanting one of those ties.

"Give me one," they'd whine.

They always wanted something for nothing.

It reminds of the nut who wanted to know why we charged for an Andes. [ trademark ]

This is what I wanted to say:

"You are as dumb as a screen door on a submarine. In fact, the authorities should lock your silly ass up and throw away the key. Let's do the math, moron. A small box of Andes cost $50.00. Try givin' 'em away! And the cost would be exorbitant, to say the least."

These idiots wouldn't know exorbitant if it jumped up and kicked them in the arse. Give the stuff away and Billy would be stuffing his pockets with candy out the ying-yang.

Back to the math: 4 cases a day ( and I'm being conservative- gotta love the synchronicity-times 30 days in a month or 28 days in a period-more synchronicity as we equate this phenomena to a woman's cycle-equals $6,000 a month.

Duh! er, dumb!

Thanks for the memory, pictru? As we used to say at Rowdy High:

"I had a tie like that til my daddy got a job!

If I don't get some shelter, I'm gonna fade away! v.c.

2 comments:

Emily said...

As dumb as a screen door on a submarine?

That's such an awesome way of saying that.

Hoots said...

Cat, your last two posts are great memory-lane flashes. (I still have two of those ties that don't have gravy stains.) And the Andes...don't get me started. When we finally started crystal mints I got hooked on those as well. Seems like the candy revenue was a weak attempt to offset cash shortages. Very easy to tinker with inventory numbers, but it was a drop in the bucket.

dimmi, I looked at your blog. You have a great start there. Keep posting. I think I'll add you to my blogroll.