Friday, April 22, 2005

Vees Golden Pond

The Pond went poof with the click of the mouse last Saturday nite, and I thought it was gone forever. I had a sick feeling knowing that my blog of eight months had gone down the tubes. I was sick when I noticed "39 and Counting," ( the blog that was supposed to go into cyberspace and into the many black holes of the universe ) was still around and "Golden Pond" was kaput. Fini.'

So I wrote an email to Blogger all the time wiping away the tears. "Please help me get back the Pond. It wasn't my fault. Puhleeze!"

In the meantime I started another blog. And hastily resurrected a few old posts. And voila-back in business. But not even "V.C.'s Golden Pond" ( my new blog ) could assauge my sense of loss. ( assauge is a good word, eh? Pulled that one out of my arse. )

Yesterday, an email from blogger awaited me:

Hi there,

I was able to restore that blog to your account, so you should see it the
next time you log in. Note that you will need to republish your blog in
order for it to be visible online again.

Sincerely, Graham
Blogger Support

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
From: Vietnamcatfish
Subject: Re: [#201322] Lost my blog
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:39:03 EDT

I lost my beloved "golden pond" blog thinking I was deleting "39 sucks cos 40 lies ahead"
I am sick!!!!!!!!!!
Can you help? v.c.

I did write Graham back thanking him from the bottom of my heart. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! And his name is Graham.

And to Gary, my Rowdy High alum, here's looking at you.

Gimme shelter, v.c.

P.S. Kitty said my bad luck started when I posted the fab 4's butcher shop photo. There could be something to that. My boss, Briggs, chewed me out this week. And it's been downhill ever since.

P.S.S. My other blog can be reached by plugging in the new URL. veesgoldenpond.blogspot.com Farewell and adieu!

No comments: