Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"M.I.A. Shoots Super Bowl Audience the Middle Finger"

I remember as a kid of twelve being with friends and shooting birds in the front yard. We were running around displaying the middle finger.Laughing and snickering.  I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I did not know its significance. Until much later in life. I must have been a bit naive, eh? Or maybe it was because I was like a virgin, who had not been touched for the very first time. Or a material boy living in a material world.

And because I've been m.i.a. in since the early 90's when it comes to pop culture, I couldn't tell you who M.I.A. is from Janet Jackson's mammary gland. Because of her performance I now know of her. A great publicity ploy, and it's commendable.

Yep, I can tell you "Scrambled Eggs" was the first title for "Yesterday." That Ringo yelled "I've got blisters on my fingers" at the end of the track"Helter Skelter," and that  Yoko Ono had a hand in breaking up the Fab 4. But M.I.A. Never heard of her until Super Bowl Sunday.


I predicted the Pats would win, but, alas, Eli and Company pulled it off. Kudos to the G Men and Tom Coughlin, who year after year seems to be on the verge of losing his job.



No comments: