Friday, February 10, 2012

"6 Music Legends Who Filed for Bankruptcy"

Yep. Some of my favorite musicians:

1) Jerry Lee Lewis and his pumpin' piano.  I loved him as a kid and lip-synched his vocals and used our old green couch as the pumpin' piano. He was as big as the King at one time. But after his marriage to his his second cousin, twice removed ( whatever that is ), the Killer was thrust immediately into a downward spiral.

2) David Crosby: Famous for his work with the Byrds and CSN/Young. My favorite tune of his was "Almost Cut My Hair," an anthem for all of us hippie types in the 70's. Because I was in the food biz, I changed the lyrics to almost cut my pear, the avocado one. I felt like I owed it to someone.

3) Tom Petty might have been running down a dream, but he is on the list. 

4) Wayne Newton. How did he mismanage his money. From the "Lucy Show" to "Vacation-Las Vegas." Lucy, er, Wayne, what happened?

5) Marvin Gaye: Known for sexual healing and every man's anthem "Let's Get It On," Marvin met an untimely death at the hands of his father.

6) Mick Fleetwood: Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer you want me to! Remember hearing that song on the fm dial circa late 60's and 70's, long before Stevie Nicks, Lindsey, et al. 

7) Billy Joel: You may be right I may be crazy. But it might just be a lunatic your looking for. Nuff said. And in the immortal words of who knows whom, if you live in glass houses don't throw stones. Amen!

P.S. Not that it matters, but when I read and saved this article, Billy Joel was mentioned. He is no longer there. Conspiracy theories will abound, no less?

No comments: