Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Get Yer Ya Ya's Out"

 

Thanks to my old high school chum who dominates my Facebook page, I found out that Mick Jagger is 68 years old today. Who would have ever thunk that? Not me.

I remember Mick singing on the Ed Sullivan show with "I Can't Get No Satisfaction." And the Stones copied the Beatles by adding a sitar to their later 60's songs, most notably "Paint It Black."

And I remmeber Mick saying "I just busted a button on me trousers; hope they don't fall down. You wouldn't want me trousers to fall down now, would you?" at one of his early 70's concerts.

Good thing I knew what trousers were, cos we called 'em pants here in the states.

Happy Birthday, Mick. Rock on and steady.

P.S. My favorite Stones song appears down below. I used to sign off my posts with the title song.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: