Monday, June 16, 2008

Thursday, July 27, 2006- 10,000 and Counting

My blog was heading towards 10,000 hits on July 27, 06. I forget what happened, but I soon lost my counter. And kept writing without one. But G.P. did make the 10,000 mark at some point-a paltry sum when compared to the hootster. So my new counter-stage left-is inaccurate. Just for the record....eh?

Thursday, July 27, 2006
"Man of A [Ten]Thousand Faces"or "When Will v.c. [ yours truly ] Hit The Magic Number? Query Submitted by the Lone Stranger [ Pictruandtru ]


Apologies to Lon "Werewolf" Chaney!

It has been well-chronicled throughout the ages how yours truly has no earthly idea who in the H.ell [ W.hole ] is pictruandtru. He and I or me and him go way back, yet he remains an enigma.

My other friend, who goes by the unlikely name of hootsbuddy, is known to me, and he is the scoundrel who turned me on to blogorama.

"Cat, [ yours truly ] this blogging business is liberating. You can write about anything and everything; there are no restrictions to content," he wrote and /or told me one fateful day circa 2004.

And the rest is history. Thanks to the hootster [ affectionate nickname coined by....yers truly ] Golden Pond became my embryonic initiation into blogdom. And so far the results have been less than overwhelming. My poor l'il blog is on target to reach a meager 10,000 hits in the next few weeks, while the hootster is about to hit 40,000. ( editor's note: Perhaps he already has. As of this writing, who the fork knows? )

So in reply to me buddy's query,[ ergo, pictruandtru ] G.P. has 9800 and change hits. But if you want to make me feel better about all this, start hitting away. Let's get v.c.'s G.P., his labour of love, up to 10,000. Soon! Or with a quickness as we used to lament at Rowdy High, circa back in the day.

Parting is such sweet sorrow, v.c.

P.S. I recently received this nice comment from one of my readers via e mail. It read:

You are CLASSIC, v.c. . . .what a mind. . .I hope someone "discovers" you . . .as you're the most original person I've ever read . . .WOW! signed Shirley. Location: Beautiful Hawaii!

P.S.S. Yes, it is well-chronicled how I am a legend in my own mind. Alas, to be or not to be-that is the question! Apologies to the Bard!

No comments: