Monday, June 23, 2008

"George Carlin-Dead at 71"

George Carlin died-I guess a few minutes ago-today. He was 71.

I didn't like him in the 70's but grew to love him afterwards. Comedians have a natural way of picking up on human foibles ( how 'bout that for the word of the day ).

Part of his charm was contorting his face. The last show I saw of him was not too long ago on HBO. He was 70 or 71 and had gone the way of an old fart. He just didn't have the pizazz or energy anymore, but he was still good for a septegenarian or whatever they call a person in his/her seventies.

I'll miss the forker. And watch some of his old shows. The older one gets the more the stars and celebrities of yesteryear get hooked by the Grim Reaper. Inevitable, eh?

So I salute you, George. And hope you're in a better place. Hopefully Heaven. Take it ez, you once old fart of 71, v.c.

No comments: