Friday, April 18, 2008

"Farewell and Adieu"

There were a couple of times this week when I considered concluding "Golden Pond," my blog of almost 4 years. I just didn't have it in me anymore. Too much of a hassle. Yadi yadi yadi.

But then I resurrected an old post from yesteryear, "Sloganless." Of course, I read it. And thought it was "somewhat" clever. Even tho' written many moons ago. And when I added the Jackson Browne song, "Somebody's Dilly," er, "Baby" to the end of the foray, it gave me the jolt I needed to keep a'pressin' on.

Not sure why but I dig the song, which was featured on the "Fast Times at Rowdy, er, Ridgemont High" soundtrack. And which starred a young Sean Penn, Judge Reinhold, the gorgeous Phoebe Cates, Nicolas Cage ( small part ), et al. A cult classic.

So I was reenergized. And even the Hootster, my friend of many moons, deigned to leave a comment.

So-for now-Golden Pond will continue. Plus, I use it as a chronicle of my excursions. Or as we used to say in the 60's, to see where "my head is ( was ) at."

Heavy, v.c.


No comments: