Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Help Wanted"

Working Condition Requirements

• Ability to walk/stand on hard surfaced floors for long periods of time • Ability to evaluate product quality through taste, texture, color and odor
• Bend and reach to demonstrate such activities as stocking shelves, serving customers, or cleaning
• Lift 25 lbs to demonstrate such activities as putting away stock or lifting large measures of product.
• Tolerate up to 5-10 minutes in the walk in freezer at a temp of 10 degrees F • Tolerate up to 15-20 minutes in walk-in cooler at a temp of 40 degrees F
• Tolerate exposure to various weather conditions (i.e. walk up window). • Valid driver’s license and must be insurable on rental vehicles
• Ability to work hours ranging from 5:00am – 10:00pm including weekends

I was perusing Career Builder just now and saw these requirements for a Manager's job in the food biz. The ones highlighted are my favorites.

The next one is interesting. Perhaps the proprietor at H.B.'s place may be interested. If he's willing to move to Columbus. You may be welcome back, but seems I burned my bridges. Alas.

Asst Managers
Company: Piccadilly Rest.

Description
Piccadilly Restaurant Management Interviewing Assistant Managers in Columbus. Fax/Email resume 972-318-7135 or [Click here for email] Questions 800-594-7036

Source - Columbus Ledger-Enquirer


P.S. Hoots, For auld times sake, how 'bout a reprint of your classic post detailing your exit fom the firm. Apologies to John Grisham. It was entitled "Help Wanted" or something like that. Apologies to John Grisham.

3 comments:

Hoots said...

I had forgotten about that. Here it is for your record:

HELP WANTED….Position Available
2-Jun-02

hootsbuddie is leaving the Piccadilly message board. A place is available for someone willing to be optimistic, hopeful, positive and upbeat when mountains of evidence indicate that nothing of the sort is justified. The job description is not well defined, but it developed over two and a half years into a mixture of proctor/ cheerleader/ moderator/ observer/ company supporter. Occasional sarcasm was in order to deal with willfully mean and ignorant people who took advantage of a free public forum to malign the company or other posters. Setting the record straight and spinning whatever happened not to have a negative impact on the future of the company was also part of the mission.

I am flattered that clif would give me credit for creating all the wonderful characters that populate this little community, but my imagination could never invent anything as rich and various as we have read here.

For reasons that need not be discussed, the creator of hootsbuddie is joining those who are no longer current employees. Since day-to-day operations at Piccadilly are no longer the main focus of my attention my messages will not only be less relevant, but also fewer in number. The need that drove me to post is now gone. The discerning reader will sense that I was often speaking to myself as a means of coping with personal frustrations as constructively as possible. At some level, even through the use of sarcasm, I hoped to appeal to the better angels of our nature.

A few people know my identity. Some of them post on the Yahoo message board. I appreciate their respecting my continued anonymity, as I will theirs. I have always felt, and sometimes written, that ideas are more powerful, and usually more important than personalities. What we are about to do is always more important than what we have finished, and what I am doing next leaves Piccadilly behind. The company has benefited from the best years of my adult life, and at this point the benefits that I have received in return have been incalculable. The exchange has been equitable in my opinion. The next chapter in my life has begun, and I wish everyone at Piccadilly the best.

"I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battle-field, and patriot grave, to every living heart and hearthstone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."-- Abraham Lincoln First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1861.

Hoots said...

I didn't burn any bridges in Columbus but I don't expect to go back. I could fill a book with stories from there. Maybe some day I will. Just a few weeks ago I realized that I only spent less than ten years of my life there, and lived elsewhere for three or four of those years as well...and yet I think of myself as "being from" Columbus. I guess the place where you leave childhood and go through the teen and early adult years makes the deepest impression.

vietnamcatfish said...

June 2 of 02. Time flies when your having fun, but 6-2-02 is a day that will live in infamy. Because the hootster exited stage left allah Snagglepuss.

I really felt bad. First, you were leaving the team with others; and I knew the Yahoo bored would never be the same.

It was just another example of how the company was going down the toilet never to return.

I left involuntarily in 2-05-don't even remember the day anymore, but it was the weekend after the Super Bowl. Briggs had called on Monday and asked: "how was that S.B. party?" And that he wanted to see me at the Hampton Inn the next day.

I didn't have a S.B. party, unless lying on the couch constitutes one.

I was termed after 30 plus years. Ain't life a bitch? v.c.

P.S. Your comment concerning the numbers of the Post Secret blog: You capsulized per usual. Right on the mark. Ain't nobody gonna change someone's mind.