Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"Homecoming Week"

I recently received this reply from an old buddy of mine. From back in the days of one Piccadilly Cafeteria-may it rest in piece, er, pieces, er, peace.

I just happened to peruse my old posts tonight-so forgive me for the late response-and came across this interesting tidbit from clifhenry:

are you f-----g crazy? revolver? pet sounds? where's your tony orlando? Where's your annette funicello? (remember tall paul? that's rock and roll, my katrina-whacked friend.) and never mind lesley gore, who was so bouncy she brought tears to the eyes of strong dudes, and may have been involved in helping her brother, al, in pioneering the internet.

you disappoint me.

clifhenry

5:40 PM

Yes, I recall those halcyon days of Leslie Gore-"it's my party and I'll cry if I want to. And playing the popular "spin the bottle" with dames at 12 years of age. Annette on "Mickey Mouse Club" and surfing with the gang via "Beach Blanket Bingo." I liked "Katrina-whacked friend." Shows alotta ingenuity and brilliance for coining a phrase. But Tony Orlando and Dawn-now that is disappointment with a capital "D." And whatever happened to Engelbert Humperdink?

Good to hear from the clifster. Via Sacramento
.

P.S. You would cry, too, if it happened to you.

No comments: