Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"The Return of the Catfish"

"House on Haunted Hill" was my last foray. April 20th. And today is May 6th. I haven't gone this long without posting in many moons. I was prepared to write something yesterday, but life keeps getting in the way.

Yes, I admit to being in somewhat of a malaise. I have had the "Hong Kong" flu or some derivative for the last week or so; plus, me mom has been in the hospital for over two weeks. Her gall bladder exploded and required immediate surgery. At age 82, as we all know, this procedure carries big-time risks.

She's been a champion through it all. Her latest setback was having blood clots in her arthritic legs. As Ernie Johnson, long-time Atlanta Braves announcer-since retired-once coined the phrase: "getting old ain't for sissies."

My sis and niece flew in from the Frisco Bay ( shades of Otis Redding ), and my other niece, who lives in the conservative hamlet know as Orange County, flew the friendly skies, as well.

As they were staying at my mom's house, a pipe burst spilling raw sewage into the basement. Twenty five hundred dollars later-and thank gawd I didn't have to get into that mess-the problem was solved. The company that my sis dispatched wore space suits while slurping up the goo. Times have changed, eh? Hell, I would have cleaned it up for half that amount. Or done it for nothing. I'm sure I cleaned up worse at H.W. [ Hell-Whole ], my old employment venue.

So it's been kinda topsy-turvey in the life of the Catfish, aka yours truly. And thanks for inquiring, Rock. I haven't heard from you since Tony Romo did the el foldo, and the N.Y. Giants won the Super Bowl. And what about the Tuna spurning Atlanta for sunny Miama Beach?

As Conrad Birdie once said: "Life's a ball if only you know it."

And I must say: "Time flies when yer havin' fun.

Gimme shelter, v.c.

P.S. Dark Side of the Moon," eh? Wish I could have been there....in attendance. Reminds me of an old Yahoo post of mine: "Dark Side of the Boon
!"

No comments: