Thursday, April 12, 2007

"Sharp Dressed Man" or "Premonition"

Tonite yours truly decided to engage himself to a movie. It is well-chronicled how the catfish loves the celluloid. I rushed home from the food biz, showered, and headed down the highway. Finding the theatre I had no idea what was playing or what I was gonna see, as I waited in line with a dozen others.

They had one cashier working, and the manager, dressed to the "nines" in a suit- undoubtedly from the "Men's Wear Outlet-" stood behind his charge with a "it's a tough job but somebody's got to do it" look on his face. He later sauntered off to nowhere, did a quick u-turn, all the time with his hand in his pocket.

I asked someone in line what some of the movies were about. Because I haven't been reading the paper lately and have only perused the headlines. ( see Don Imus per example and his 'nappy-headed hos' comment ) So I needed advice and quickly.

After listening to reviews about "Happy Feet," "Shooter," "300," "Meet the Robinsons," I decided on "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock.

It was pretty good but definitely bizarre. Filled with flashbacks; ( or were they? ) fast forwards; dream sequences; ( or were they? )until we got to the meat and potatoes where the flick wraps it up and deposits it on the viewers lap. Well done, by jove. But I was so tired from arising at 4 a.m. and working til 6 p.m., the old boy almost went to sleep before it was over. ( see double nickels for more info )

The old clock on the wall says it's time for one v.c. to get his fanny to bed. And don't forget to take the fork in the road, v.c.

P.S. I am always inspired when someone drops off a comment to G.P. So thanks go out to the bbq man who learned from me, yours truly, the virtues of half sweet and half unsweet tea. Mi amigo from the state down under. Where women glow and men plunder.

P.S.S The following song is dedicated to the manager at the Bijou.


No comments: