Thursday, February 15, 2007

"Gimme Shelter"

1) I just lost my post and am rewriting. Hit the wrong red x. Don't you hate when that happens?

2) John Lennon once sang: "Why in the world [ are ] we here. Shirley, not to live in pain and fear."

3) My life has had a lot of ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade one minute of the ride.

4) TCM is showing nothing but oscar-nominated films. ( all categories ) I've seen some really good ones this week. "Love Letters" is currently playing. Dig this: the screenplay is by Ayn Rand. Didn't know she did that. And I like how Robert Osborne, aka "Mr. Movie Trivia," introduces and ends each flick. Tough gig, eh?

5) Anne Bancroft ( Mrs. Robinson ) was only 3-4 years older than Dustin Hoffman ( Benjamin )in "The Graduate." You got to love Hollywood!

6) I may have had a moment of clarity tonite. Here's hoping I follow through.

7) Maytag is wanting to replace their repairman. Here's your chance for Hollywood stardom. Now this gig is right up my alley. ( pun intention left to the discretion of the reader )

8) It bears repeating. I dislike rewriting the same column, when I thought it was a wrap, er, rap. Fishwrapper, get it? Newspaper, etc. Oh, forget it.

9) My stepfather once told me that I should use only two tissues of toilet paper when doing my thing. Economy, ya see. We had to watch those controllable costs. [ this story was not mentioned in the earlier story ] He didn't like shaving every day, as well, which prompted my including this anal foray into the infantile.

10) Which reminds me. I once wrote a story on the Yahoo aptly entitled. "An Al Remembers." Play on words and all that. The foray included anal remembrances by the anal management staff. I wonder if my stepfather ever worked for the company. He would have been a natural.

11) Gimme shelter, v.c.

P.S. I like this version, even tho' it wasn't my first choice. The best one wouldn't load correctly, and the reason I hit the wrong red X in the first place.


">

No comments: