Monday, May 15, 2006

"Drunk As A Skunk"

Open letter to BBQ and Rockhead:

Thanks for the kind words per usual. I wrote "What's it all about, Alfie?" drunk as a skunk. [ see title ]

I had consumed a few-well, maybe more than a few- Coronas and had not heeded their warning "to drink responsibly." I got a good buzz and decided to do what I like to do....and, that is, compose a story into the infantile.

After enduring another week at my new digs, it was time to celebrate. Whoever thought up placing a lime in the bottle should be knighted by Santa Ana or Don Diego della Vega for their creative flair.

But after proofreading my story, I noticed an error caused by the fermentation of my brain cells:

....Point blank. The views and opinions espoused on "Golden Pond" do not reflect the consensus of the general populace....

When first composed, espoused was "expoused," since changed for your reading pleasure. Where's Kitty when you need her?"

Anyway, inspired by you guys, I attempted to write a new foray tonite. But got blogged, er, bogged down and will have to finish the tale some time in the future.

"Drunk as a skunk" will have to suffice. My writer's block is probably due to my "having to make the donuts" at 5 a.m. today, normally a time in the morning I am never privy to.

Because parts of these United States are deeming it necessary to boycott anything Mexican, perhaps I should change brews. So do they still make "Old Milwaukee" or "Shlitz?" v.c.

No comments: