Tuesday, December 27, 2005

"Dean and Me"

 


When I was a kid growing up my favourite comedian was Jerry Lewis. My Aunt Mad said he was silly. He may have been silly, but he was funny as hell to me. I missed the Martin/Lewis movies-a little before my time. Plus I was more absorbed in watching flicks like "I Was A Teenage Werewolf" with Mike Landon; and "The Mummy" with Peter Cushing; and "It Came From Beneath the Sea."

I did see their movies when I got older. Saw 'em on "Saturday Night at the Movies." Anybody remember that show? And they were funny as hell and Jerry made 'em.

So when Kitty asked me what I wanted for Christmas a few weeks ago, I told her to get me "Dean and Me." She delivered-the book was under the tree. It's an easy read but very interesting. Fate seemed to have brought them together allah acts that came before and after.

I'm at the part in the book where they travel to Hollywood after signing a contract with Hal Wallis and Paramount Studios.

Because I don't have an ending....

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

V.C., he was my favourite comedian too. And I watch the Labor Day deal he does every year, a tradition......

Slippery