Thursday, December 08, 2005

"Glass Onion"

 


John Lennon was planning to tour again back in the day of 1980. But, as we all know, he never had the chance, as an assassin shot and killed him. Ironically, the perpetrator once attended Columbia High School, a mile from H.W., my old digs.

John penned some of the greatest songs of all time, imho. Here are a couple of his best. Once again in my ho.

She's not a girl who misses much
Do do do do do do do do, oh yeah
She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand
Like a lizard on a window pane

The man in the crowd with the multicoloured mirrors
On his hobnail boots
Lying with his eyes while his hands are busy
Working overtime
A soap impression of his wife which he ate
And donated to the National Trust


and:

Half of what I say is meaningless
But I say it just to reach you, Julia

Julia, Julia, oceanchild, calls me
So I sing a song of love, Julia
Julia, seashell eyes, windy smile, calls me
So I sing a song of love, Julia

Her hair of floating sky is shimmering, glimmering,
In the sun

Julia, Julia, morning moon, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Julia

When I cannot sing my heart
I can only speak my mind, Julia

Julia, sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Julia
Hum hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Julia, Julia, Julia
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: