Wednesday, April 01, 2015

"What's It All About, Alfie?"

Well, here we go again. Where it stops nobody knows.

I recently won the "Tournament of Champions" poker tournament at GPN. Out of 16 contestants even though 24 were invited I was victorious. $250.00 was the prize plus the recognition. A 250 point bounty follows me throughout the year. And I'm not obligated to buy food at the venues to receive a chip up.

Last Friday I won the deepstack tournament at YKnots. Around 60 participants. It was the craziest and wildest games I've ever been associated with. Drunks and drama. And me, basically, a teetotaler. ( thank you spellcheck ). It became a showdown between me and Tom and Kristen, who was drunk as a coot. 

Tom knocked out Kristen so it became heads up. Several hands later I attempted to bluff with a 2 and a nine. All in. Tom had two pair, but I hit a straight on the river. Thanks to Kaos, a railbird if you will, who noticed the straight when no one else did. Me and Tom had exchanged congratulatory handshakes thinking it was over, Tom the winner. With my new life I dominated the rest of the way. And won a $40.00 gift certificate. And it vaulted me into 3rd place in the monthly points total. Ain't life grand?

Enough of poker. The final four is this weekend. Michigan State, Duke, Wisconsin and Kentucky are the teams. Kentucky is the favorite. Time will tell.

Well that's it. Farewell and adieu and gimme shelter.

No comments: