Wednesday, April 04, 2012

James Cameron’s ‘Titanic’ Movie Mistake

Despite what loyal “Titanic” fans may believe, the original version of the film isn’t entirely perfect. 

  Director James Cameron, notorious for his excruciating attention to detail, admits he did make one mistake in the 1997 release, but feels audiences won’t notice the change in the 3D reboot.

 “Oh, there is one shot that I fixed,” Cameron revealed to Britain’s Culture magazine.

 “It’s because Neil deGrasse Tyson, who is one of the U.S.’ leading astronomers, sent me quite a snarky email saying that, at that time of year, in that position in the Atlantic in 1912, when Rose is lying on the piece of driftwood and staring up at the stars, that is not the star field she would have seen, and with my reputation as a perfectionist, I should have known that and I should have put the right star field in.”

 Cameron added, “So I said, ‘All right, you son of a [expletive], send me the right stars for the exact time, 4:20 a.m. on April 15, 1912, and I’ll put it in the movie.’ So that’s the one shot that has been changed....”

  P.S. Thank goodness he got it right this time.

No comments: