Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Prissy" Tyra Banks is shelling out $31,000 a year to spend just three weeks on campus for three years.

Tyra Banks has been attending Harvard Business School since last year.

Enrolled in the Harvard Owner/President Management Program, the model-turned-mogul, 37, is intent on building her business savvy. "It's pretty exclusive," she told CBS News.

Pricey too. Banks is shelling out $31,000 a year to spend just three weeks on campus for three years.

"But I feel like it is so, so worth it," she said. "In order for my company to grow and be the best, and to reach these women, and to serve them, I needed the best. So I went to the best." < $31, 000 has got to be chump change for her >

The ex Victoria's Secret stunner has been interested in going back to school since dropping out of Loyola Marymount University to purse modeling at age 17. "The day I put college on hold because I got discovered....was one of the most difficult decisions of my entire life," she said. < We are so proud of you for going back to school. >

So how do classmates react to the model-student? "I get mixed reactions," she said. "There are little facial expressions....The chin goes back, like, 'Really?'...it's like why is a model going to Harvard? But that's actually a good thing, because when people have low expectations, you're just constantly going, 'Ta-da!' And they're like 'Wow.' It doesn't take a lot to wow them." < Say hello to Professor Kingsfield for me. And, hopefully, when you get your grade, you will have earned it >

No comments: