Friday, January 08, 2010

"Cold Weather Hits the Metropolis"

It's colder than a witches titty here on the Pond, aka Hotlanta. Except it ain't hot these days-it's freaking cold. Shirley, it's an aberration cos Al Gore would no longer be invited on Dave Letterman's show.

The schools were closed today, and I can't blame 'em. The media was doing its usual thing by warning the citizenry to stay off the roads. And one 50 year old woman died last last night when her car skidded on black ice and ran into a tree.

When I was a kid I always wanted it to snow, because I didn't want to go to school. When yours truly entered the work force, I prayed for NO snow.

Now I don't care because I am gainfully unemployed. Is that an oxymoron?

Keep warm. Don't drive on the roads unless you have to.

Gimme shelter, v.c.

No comments: