Thursday, December 07, 2006

"It Ain't Summertime"

Something told me not to switch to Google Beta. Ever since I made
the move, my picture posting function has been kaput, fini.' I tried repairing
it tonite but as with my job search: nada!

There's not much to report as
of this writing. I am hooked-on to 2 Head Hunters; have posted on Monster.com
and careerbuilder.com; sent in a resume to-what else-a food service
establishment-and yadi yadi yadi.

When I was a kid working for McDonalds
in the late 60's, I made grievous mistakes. First of all, I applied for the job,
and, number two, I enjoyed my experience there. How loco was that?

30
years later and I'm back in the same boat. The oars are now thinning, and the
outboard is about to be turned into an inbored. The fish ain't biting, and it
won't soon be summertime. Aomewhat of an apology to Mungo Jerry.

There
was an article in the fishwrapper the other day about a jobless freelance author
who was on jury duty in the 80's. He was bored while listening to the incessant
legalese and began jotting down notes. Which later evolved into "Sharkey's
Machine." And the rest is history. See Burt Reynolds for more details.

With all this time on my hands, perhaps I should start jotting down
notes.

Gimme shelter, v.c.

P.S. Tonite's song is a ditty by M.J.

1 comment:

Hoots said...

That's lousy news about the picture function of beta blogger. Since I don't do pictures much I haven't come across that one. I did find out, though, that you can imbed a YouTube video pretty easy. Look to the right of the screen and find "embed" in a little field. You can copy the HTML tags and codes and paste them into your "edit HTML" directly, bypassing the "image" icon altogether. It doesn't always work because I think some of the tags don't work the same everywhere, but I got it to work a couple of times.

Job search...try Indeed dot Com. Incredible database.

My biggest complaint about beta bloggeer is having to wade through two or three levels of goofy security ID's to leave post comments.