Wednesday, October 04, 2006

"Redo"

Tonight I rewrote my post from yesteryear, er, yesterday. A few stilted sentences if you will.

I learned about stilted sentences back in the early years of the 70's, when I attended "Truck U." University. I had creative writing courses, cos me major was Journalism. And in one class, the Prof read my foray into the infantile to the class.

However, as chronicled in earlier forays, my English Lit teacher, who loved to hear himself talk, said there were no Hemmingway's in his class. What an inspirational forker he was. And he was no John F. Kennedy, er, Benny Hinn.

Perhaps I could have gotten a job in my "field." And wrote forays for a living. But, alas, it wasn't in the { tarot ] cards. My destiny, it seems, was to "wallow," er, prosper in the exciting world of food bizdom. Where every day is an exercise in passive aggressive containment.

In addition to stilted sentences, I learned about split infinitives; the who, what, when, where, why of grabbing the big story; & how to pronounce words like salmon, longevity, and quandary. And for two bits [ circa 1925 ] you can get a haircut.

In closing, here's to stilted sentences and split infinitives, v.c. To boldly go where no other....

P.S. Kitty, now an avid reader of the Pond, told me this week that my writings on said URL have been diminishing as of late. She is right per usual, and perhaps she has inspired me to once again find my mojo. Apologies to Manfred Mann, they of the "Got My Mojo Working, But It Don't Work On You" fame, and Austin Powers.

P.S.S. "Mojo" from Manfred circa 1964. And for a congratulatory song to Amber and Bone, here's tonite's youtube special.
Per usual, click here, s'il vous plait.

No comments: