Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"Happy Anniversary"

 

About a month ago me and Kitty celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary. Because we married in our teens that makes us around 44 years old. Time flies when your havin' fun.

Kitty pulled out the old scrapbook tonite as she often does when she wants to relive old times. And the above photo is our favorite. [ the ed. is foregoing the English spelling i.e. favourite in lieu of the American version ]

Because I'm going balder faster than Yul Brynner on the set of "The 10 Commandments" and "Westworld," and "The King and I," while I'm at it [ etc. etc. etc., eh? ] it reminds me of a time when I didn't worry about "old timers" maladies creepin' around the corner. And I didn't have to take a little blue pill for stamina, er, performance. And I didn't take pills for cholesterol. When we took this picture, we didn't know what the fork cholesterol was. Etc. Etc. Etc. apologies to the King of Siam.

Reliving old times makes me sad, however. Katlain is now a "grown-up" teenager. And is heading to "Fork U." in the fall. Soon it will be just me and Kitty. And Charlie Jr., who will never leave the homestead, I'm afraid. And Neil Diamond, our black cat, and Penny [ Lane ] the Poo.

Ain't life grand? Ah, memories.

Gimme shelter, v.c.

P.S. When I think back
On all the crap I learned in high school [ Rowdy High, that is ]
It's a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of edu---cation
Hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall

Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, Oh yeah
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away


P.S.S. Apologies to rhymin' Simon Posted by Picasa

No comments: