Monday, March 07, 2005

Seemingly Lost

Seemingly lost in this underbrush
We sat and talked of things long ago.
Leaving my hand to untie the straps of your hunger
I can laugh and still be all alone.

I wrote this song back in the day. There's more to it , of course. The last tune I wrote. Circa 1978. Never wrote another one.

Then there was:

Phantom subsidy, Pleutonic Pig
Collaring all my money for your fill.
Rancher's daughter in her room
I'll be home very soon.
Take the money from the stairs
Invite the law-we don't care.

The above: circa 1971.

Then there was:

Crowded places trying to kill me
Reminding me of my youth
Re-emergence but no one sees me
Abyss to rule my truths.

But I read the pages here and there
To keep my mind to know you care
It doesn't matter-you're always there.

As she flies and smiles into my eyes
Reckless how she swings loosely crying,
To marriage darkness righteous night....

Then there was:

One day as I dream of windswept wilds
Reaching limits excelled in my forsaken times;
I'll only be waiting
And you'll be there.

To love and be loved-no more trying times.
Farewell and goodbye to mundane lines.
I won't need them.
Do I need them now?

That's it for now. Lyrics-copyright v.c. productions.

P.S. Well, I'm thinking of the changes.
Mind's frayed at its edges.
No time on longing for past heroics.
Pandora's open-no way to close her.

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

No comments: