Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Farewell and Adieu

My first post on the PIC Yahoo was entitled "Farewell and Adieu." Through the years it has become my tag line and my new blog, golden pond, will be christened as well.

When v.c. first began perusing the PIC message board, it was luv at first sight, i.e., the interchanges and all the diatribes. I met an ex district engineer, who goes by the name of ibbq4u2 and who has become my friend. We wrote an array of infantile posts last Christmas, lampooning the various members of our fraternity, and we have become a sort of tag-team, allah Stone Cold and Andre the Giant. And who will ever forget the enigmatic Haystack Calhoun and Freddie Blassie.

The new blog will allow me to write something other than PIC related. I can tell you my goals, for example. They haven't changed much through the years. I am still committed to world peace . <>; the end to poverty; the abolition of man's inhumanity to man; a cure for all diseases; etc.

Yes, my goals are modest. But attainable through hard work and sacrifice. One day we'll teach the world to sing in perfect harmony, allah Coke and all the other major corporations, steeped in capitalism.

Well, welcome to golden pond. Farewell and adieu, v.c. your irreverent host

3 comments:

Hoots said...

Off to a good start, Cat. Even if nobody much stops by, having your own weblog is like having a little spot on a lake. Your own private view of the rain, the sunrise, noises of the night...like so much of life, when you really love it you want everyone else to experience it as fully as you. Unfortunately, most of us are like the poet's reference (I think it was To a Grecian Urn...Keats?) that "full many a flower was born to blush unseen and waste its sweetness on the dessert air."

Hoots said...

Sorry 'bout that. It was Thomas Gray, Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard, about fourteen stanzas down. I ask you, now: how can a mind cluttered up with trivia like that ever hope to amount to anything? I really paid attention in high school literature but the details still get stirred around. Thank goodness for Google to help me get things back in order.

vietnamcatfish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.