Tuesday, October 04, 2011

"Ladies: Rocco Grimaldi Wants You to Cover Up for God"

 



By Greg Wyshynski
Ladies: Rocco Grimaldi requests you cover up for God. I respect Rocco Grimaldi, the California kid that the Florida Panthers selected in the second round of the 2011 draft and is going to play for North Dakota this season. (Where he could be rookie of the year in the WCHA.)

I respect that he's a role model for young players, who see a 5-foot-6 forward on a path to the NHL. I respect that he's a devout Christian who uses social media to preach what he believes, even if his candor may have scared off some teams at the draft....

There's a thin line between "ladies are too scantily clad these days" and "God wants you in a potato sack because your brothers can't help themselves," and Rocco ran through it. I mean, to each his own, but in my eyes this entire request veers uncomfortably close to the asinine "she was asking for it/look how she was dressed" denouncement women have had to battle for decades....


P.S. My thoughts: Good thing Rocco wasn't around in the early 70's when streaking was the craze.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: