Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Surfer Narrowly Escapes as Great White Bites Through Surfboard"

 


What has been described as a large great white shark tore a massive chunk from a surfboard off northern Oregon on Thursday -- while the terror-stricken surfer was sitting on the board.

Bobby Gumm, a chef in the coastal community of Newport, was about 600 yards off South Beach when a shark estimated to measure 16 feet seemingly mistook the board for a meal. It first brushed Gumm's leg and then bit ferociously into the front of his board, lifting the board and surfer from the water....


"I saw the water churning up like there was a bunch of piranhas. All of a sudden I saw a dorsal fin that was at least two foot in length high and as I saw it I saw the shark actually lift my friend up with the board and everything, it looked like an old geyser or something just lifted him out of the water about 10 feet."

Posted by Picasa

No comments: