Monday, May 21, 2007

"P.M. Shift"

I hate the food business. Maybe that's too harsh. I loathe and despise the food biz. Wait a minute. That's even more harsh. I dislike the food biz.

The way the food is brought in these days. Heat and serve. And the smells that emanate make me want to gag.

Eggs for yer breakfast sausage-that's a good one. Flip the little morsel into the microwave and voila. Throw it on yer biscuit and serve it to the customer.

Guests, team members, moving forword, acronyms, etc. make me want to barf.

And strategies for running a business make me want to hurl. A big rock onto someone's noggin. You never have have enough help. Why? Because some bean counters devised a plan that does not work as far as growing your business. But will work for making your labor goals while working the shit out of you and the, er, team members.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Have a great nite!

From v.c.

P.S.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post should have been titled, "I Should Have Known", or how about, "If I Knew Then What I Know Now" or "Its All the Same" or Re-hash Them Leftovers again" or "Where Did I Go Wrong?" or etc,
etc,etc.

My Dad found himself unemployed and unskilled at 50 something. He got into a truck driving training program and got his license. He has been on the road and earning up to 70k for the last 20 years and he loves it. You don't need a house or anything. Just live in the truck. Almost every Starbucks and most truck stops are WiFi these days. All you need to keep up with the world is a laptop.

Don't flick those cigarette butts out the window in Cali though!