Friday, May 25, 2007

"Stank You Very Much"

My friend Marty hails from hurricane alley, sunny Florida if you will. He was fired from Piccadilly Cafeterias in 2001. Seems his services were no longer needed.

Even tho' fired he became mesmerized by the PIC Yahoo board, where you could write comments about the company and engage other members of the Piccadilly/Morrison's fraternity.

Most of the comments were negative, but Hoots caught hell by being positive amidst the lynch-mob mentality.

I became engaged as well and began writing funny ( ? ) forays into the infantile. I have always had this creative side so this was right up my alley. ( pun somewhat unintended )

It was fun. In the beginning-even tho' I didn't know the boy-we soon were forging a bond, and we soon identified ourselves to each other. He was known as ibbq4you2, while yours truly was known as vietnamcatfish.

Marty always had high praise for my work and for that I will always be grateful. He had a flair for writing as well and penned many memorable posts. He also adopted other profiles, most notably Red and GODelegate. Ooop, the cat's outta the bag. ( pun intended )

He wrote a foray a coppola years ago and hootsbuddy deemed it worthy to post on his blog. For those who eschew ( gesundheit ) hoots column for a more humourous one
, here is the link.

So tonite's column is from Martry, aka the bbq man. I miss his writings and wish he would do more.


For auld times sake, v.c.


P.S. As for the title of last weeks foray-"could have, should have, would have-" here's my retort:

No comments: