Monday, July 18, 2005

"Evidence the World Has Gone Mad" or "Proof in the Pudding"

I submit the following video as Exhibit A, your honour!

"They want to kill me and my children if they can. But if they just kill me and not my children, they want my children to be comforted -- that while they didn't protect me because they cut my taxes, my children won't have to pay any money on the money they inherit," Begala said. "That is bulls*** national defense, and we should say that."

The above quote from political strategist Paul Begala who accused Republicans of wanting to kill him and his children to preserve tax cuts for the rich.

Here's a clip of Begala at the first Campus Progress National Student Conference; he was one of the invited speakers:

"Okay, they are utterly and completely brain-dead," Begala said, echoing comments earlier this year by Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean, who accused Republicans of being "brain dead."

And this from Thomas Frank who is promoting his new book: "What's The Matter With Kansas?" [ Exhibit B ]"Franklin Roosevelt got us in World War II. They dragged the Republicans kicking and screaming. They didn't want to get in that war. They didn't have any problem with Hitler. I won't go so far as to say they thought Hitler rocked. But there were people in America who did, and they didn't want us to get in that war. Democrats have always been just as tough as Republicans once they're in office," Frank said

"Exhibits 'A' and 'B,' your honour. 'May I suggest a short recess!"

No comments: