Friday, June 21, 2013

"Last Words?"

Saw this on Comcast.

Famous Sign-Offs


From the ironic to the absurd, see the final unforgettable utterances of some of the world's biggest stars. —Jeff Royer (Photos: Getty Images)
Which made me wonder what my last words might be. Perhaps....
 
1) How long on that white meat? ( A reference to my old job digs where it was a challenge to have enough white meat fried chicken. )
 
2) No, I don't need to squeeze my sponge! ( Aunt Madeline, who could pee in a steady stream for minutes coined this phrase. I witnessed her squeezing her sponge when we pulled off the road-instead of stopping at a gas station-to relieve ourselves on many jaunts to Florida and South Carolina.
 
3) Who did what to who?  ( Or would I say who do what to whom? )
 
4) I'm gonna shave my head and go down the railroad backwards. ( Another Aunt Madelineism ) 
 
5) She went to Etowah Diddly. ( Ditto-Aunt Mad again. )
 
6) I'm so glad to know Gilligan, the Skipper, Professor, et al made it off the island.
 
7) Gimme Shelter.
 
8) Farewell and adieu.
 
9) I always surmised it was true. Al Gore Did invent the internet.
 
10) What really happened on the grassy knoll?
 
11) Heetomahotomastinkarinkyfarmerdinkysallybunkawinktomanipcatsingsongkittywontchacowmeoh. ( sp ). Yep. Aunt Mad again!
 
12) And now as tears subside, I find it all so amusing. ( Apologies to Paul Anka, Frank, and the King )
 
13) I should have had a V-8.
 
14) Leggo my eggo.
 
15) More cowbell. ( Apologies to Bruce Dickinson ).
 
16) C.mon let's twist again. Like we did last summer.
 
17) Gimme back my bullets. Oooh that smell. ( Apologies to Lynyrd ).
 
18) We're gonna need a bigger boat. ( My favorite movie of all time ).
 
19) I should have been more like Bill Clinton. Smoked but didn't inhale. ( Apologies to Camels 99's in the blue pack-my smoke of choice ).
 
20) Bonjour. ( Apologies to the French internet model in the All State or is it State Farm commercials ).
 
21) Bad company and I can't deny.
 
22) Whattdaya mean it's 15 minutes on white meat? ( Chicken livers can be substituted as well ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlKJ-0bnxdA

 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

86 on white meat fried chicken!

rock on lubys

vietnamcatfish said...

Hope your doing well. How's Luby's these days. Pic is advertising. See them a lot on daytime tv. Saw one today on Judge Judy-don't raise your hand. Judge J is the queen of tv making a reported 48 million a year. And what will happen to Paula Deen, the ex queen of the food network? My mom loved watching Ms. Deen. Would have broken her heart.

P.S. I wish I had a dollar for every time I said, :"how long on that white meat?" At Hell Whole.

Anonymous said...

And for every first cook that said, "three minure!"

rock on lubys