Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"In My Life"

I'm still missing my mom. I can't believe she's gone. She was my mom, but also a good friend who was always there for me. Even when the chips were down.

We had a lot in common. Perry Mason, Jeopardy, and the Atlanta Braves.

I'll miss watching Perry with her and pointing out the Vito Scotti's. the Dabs Greer's, the Harvey Corman's, the Julie Adam's of show business. The obscure actors that only me and film/tv critics would know.

I'll miss watching Jeopardy and amazing her when I sometimes answered the final Jeopardy question. "How did you know tasmanian devil was the answer ?  I've never even heard of a tasmanian devil," she said.

I'll miss explaining the infield fly rule. And the implications of the double switch. And I'll miss her wondering why the Braves "can't hit the ball," and suffering yet another playoff defeat. And I'll miss her affection for Brooks Conrad, Brian McCain, and John Smoltz.

Yep. Death is final. That's the hard part.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back, welcome back, take your time.

rock on lubys

vietnamcatfish said...

Thanks Rock, Good to hear from you as always. Rock steady!