Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Hello Denizens of the Internet"

Hello everyone. I have had to take a circuitous route to write "G.P." on the motel's free computer. I can't take a direct link, because my site contains adult material ( ?????? ) and won't let me entree, s'il vous plait.

I have tried to access the "sportsnetwork.com" to find out a few basketball scores, and "Big Brother" wouldn't let me view there either. Seems it may be a gambling site.

I also tried to send Shirley an e mail to let her know I had finally landed a job, but the mail is so slow on "B.B." that the action was cancelled. My correspondence with Steverino, a graduate of Rowdy High, happened to go through.

Btw, Shirley is an alum of Rowdy High, as well, and matriculated with my sister, circa back in the day. She came over to our house when I was just a small-fry, and wouldn't recognize me from a man-in-the-moon if I walked by her today. SO a special aloha goes out to Shirley, who hails from the 50th state. ( Hint: poi and pineapples are big-time in this locale, and Elvis made a coppola movies here, too. Hint 2: "Blue _________"

We took the serv-safe test today and hopefully yours truly passed. As I get older it seems my skills ain't what they used to be, similar to the old grey mare. Of course, there were people in our class ( of 40ish ) who took the lead in class, becoming one of the, er, leaders. But their voices and incessant talking began to grate on my nerves after awhile. Perhaps, they want to make an impression and strive for a higher position.

There are people from all over the states. Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Texas, and Arizona to name a few. The company wanted to go into California, Washington, and Oregon but said it was too expensive. ( too many government and union pitfalls )

I miss being on my computer, but it's been a good break. The Pond is indebtted to its readers, per always, and here's hoping life is giving you shelter.

It's all good, v.c.

P.S. And to Slippery. Thanks for the e mails, dude. I may not be able to attend the Rowdy High bash at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Hoots said...

Keep your chin up, your nose to the grindstone and your shoulder to the wheel.
Now try to get something done in that position.
Trite old stuff I heard long ago...

Sound like you're still afloat.

I had to take the Serve Safe test, too. (Made 93%.) It's gonna be obligatory in Georgia that at least one Serve Safe certified individual be on duty in every food service establishment in the state. Personally I think they're dreaming in color, but what do I know? They even had the books in Chinese and Spanish. Can you see what happens when someone tries to get certified who not only doesn't speak English but also cannot read or write in their own mother tongue? I'm just happy to be getting closer to retirement.

We have lived to see scratch biscuits replaced by frozen products that are bigger, prettier and more reliable than the original. And as long as you don't let the inventory go down, you can have a small batch or a big one with no flour to clean up.

Chicken comes in the back door already cut, nobody uses block shortning any more and cornbread comes in a boxed mix. Oh, and ever since iced tea machines got widespread even Kroger has decent tea in the deli.

All we got left to sell is pretty smiles and a clean place to eat. Like the old saying has it...location, location and location.

Smile sweetly, but don't touch anybody. Stay well.