Saturday, April 23, 2011

"What's New"

It's been a week since I posted anything. The world is in a state of flux-as usual. I just read an article where two former bus drivers lost their savings in a Ponzi scheme and are having a hard time just paying the mortgage.

"I've been looking for jobs but I'm too old, nobody wants to hire you at this age so it makes it rough -- I drove a bus for 35 years, so what am I supposed to do now?"

Frances Wills, 67 years old and also a former bus operator, has 75 cents to her name and can't pay rent after losing her $156,000 retirement fund.

"I can barely pay for my home or even the utilities bill -- and I live in a mobile home."

Sad.

And the housing market is still the same. One of the network news shows claimed a four bedroom two story house in Atlanta and in a nice neighborhood costs a meager $50,000. Three years ago the house would have commanded $240,000.

Damn.

And the sports world? The L.A. Dodgers are now being managed by ML Baseball allah the NBA and the N'awlins Hornets. Couldn't believe the empty seats in Chavez Ravine the other night(s) when the Braves paid a visit. They are experiencing a record low attendance this year. And, yet last night, the San Francisco Giants had a full house while hosting the Bravos from Hotlanta. How quickly things change, eh?

Strange.

Enough depressing news. Happy Easter.

Damn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with the same you keep me running? Over and over, what does it mean?

Anonymous said...

You keep me running? What does it mean to you?