Thursday, June 09, 2011

"Screenplay"

Scene 1: Young teenage couple are sitting in front of the young girl's house, where she resides in the upstairs apartment along with her brother and mother.

"Would you like some of my cherry coke," the tall young man asks the young girl.

"I still have my lime sour," she coos.

A driver of a pink Cadillac suddenly appears in the driveway. The driver is weaving recklessly and smashes into a swing set. He comes to a halt after annihilating it.

"Darn, what in the world? Who is that?" the young man asks.

"That's my mother's boyfriend, Charlie. I'm so embarrassed!"

Next door an older woman sans bra appears on her front porch and surveys the carnage. It is unclear if she has on panties.

The young girl's mother, oblivious to the pink Cadillac, shouts from the upstairs porch, "Stella, you bought the WRONG tomatoes. Get on your bike, young lady, and go back to Lakewood Heights and get the right ones."

Before the young girl can tell her mom that she no longer rides a bike, a voice from the Cadillac says, "Ain't that right, Vonnie?" He is carrying a bag of charcoal, a carton of Winston cigarettes, and a bottle of Jack Daniels. He has long fingernails and his glasses are askew on his face. Perhaps from the collision.

The scantily clad woman, now sans panties, utters: "I'm a gonna shave my head and go down the railroad backwards."

No comments: